Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default I AM IN DISTRESS. PLS CONSIDER IT AS URGENT. WHEN OPEN MY EXCEL 97 FILE- IT MERELY SHOWS PROGRAM ERROR AND WHOLE EXCEL SHUTS DOWN-- PLS ADV

On Feb 11, 1:35 am, "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
If you just tried Safe mode, then try:

Hold down the shift key while you open the file. Keep holding it until the
file is open.

If this is a file you altered with a Hex editor, you may have screwed it up.

Tom Ogilvy

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Feb 10, 3:59 pm, "CAPTGNVR" wrote:
On Feb 10, 3:28 pm, "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote:

try opening excel in safe mode and then opening your file.

either hold the shift key down immediately after clicking on your excel
file or
create a shortcut to excel.exe and then add a /s to the end of the
command line
that launches excel and then see if your workbook will open.
for example, the default location for office 2003:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /s

--

Gary

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

roups.com...

DEAR ALL
I did all the complete program and it was running fine till today.
But
suddenly when i opened the file, the program error props up without
any mention of error and do not even see ok button -- just see
program
error and when u click on it the excel closes down. Since very
essential pls consider this as urgent and help me out. I will keep
watching every 30mints.

DEAR GARY
Thanks your quick response-- I will go and check ur sugestion and wl
rvrt. Frankly on this ship without this program I am like back to
Columbus days.

D/GARY
no luck. I tried both and unsucsfl.

No no this is a different file and nothing to do with hex editor
haha . Thank you Tom. Even after holding shift key, the minute file
opens the program error props up and on clicking on it the excel
closes.