Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Link Drop Down Boxes in Excel - HELP Please

Here is a guess at what you want:

Insert=Name=Define

Name: List1
Refers To: =Sheet2!$A$1:$A$25

Click Add.

Then in your data validation dialog, in the source textbox put =List1

The equal sign is important.

This allows the validation list to refer to an list on another sheet or the
same sheet.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created an Validation List drop down box that is used to
populate the data in one sheet. In another sheet, I have the data
from the first sheet sorted to show the top 25 matching values. What
I would like is to have that validation drop down box selectable from
either sheet. In other words, I would like to be able to select the
drop down values from either sheet I am in since the data shown in the
second sheet is dependent on the first. Is this even possible?

Thanks for the help anyone can provide.

Conor