Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] s_smith_iet@hotmail.com is offline

Default PLEASE HELP!!!!

I think the best way to start off is by explaining to you what I am
doing.

I have 5 machines that recored everything they do and save it in two
files, a txt and a dat file. When you put these two files together
they are called a data log.
The dat files has a bunch of numbers and the txt file has a bunch of
times and the steps and settings of the machine. For a while I would
have to manually get the numbers I needed but then I made a marco to
do this.
The macro i made (with lots of help) opens five of the datalogs (5 txt
and 5 dat files) pulls out the info I need and then copies that info
into a trend chart. Once that is done it closes them all and delets
them. The problem is that I have to manually move the five datalogs
into a folder for this marco to pick them up (it remames the five
files in those folders). It takes about 2 minutes for the macro from
start to finish so this means to get all the machines done I have to
sit at my computer and wait until its done and then manually dump five
more files into the folder.

So I think the easiest way to make this work is to get a macro that
can grab five files (unkonw names) and put them into a folder for me.
I need this macro to grab the files by date modified as I need the
oldest five files first.

Then once that is done I would like to loop my whole macro so it
continues to move the files in until all the datalogs are
completed......

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!

I have posted this a couple days ago but I haven't gotten any