Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default convert date to string of numbers

One way:

Format(Date, "mmddyy")

In article ,
"D.S." wrote:

How would I write a line of code to change the date, such as 02/09/07, to a
string of numbers '020907'

I'm trying to write a line that will "save as" an excel file with a
specific name concatenated with the date at the end. Note: the date will
always change depending on the date the file is saved.

Here's a sample of the line of code I am working with

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
' "C:\Temp\SaveAsTest_" & <INSERT DATE CODE HERE & ".xls",
FileFormat _
' :=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="",
ReadOnlyRecommended:= _
' False, CreateBackup:=False

ds