Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Add-In problem with Excel2003

Hi Michael

Convert the workbook to values
http://www.rondebruin.nl/values.htm

My mail add-in have also a option to do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Michael Hoffmann" <m.hoffmann AT compar.cc wrote in message ...
Hi Experts,

I need some help. We have an Excel workbook that uses an add-in to access external data. After a daily update this workbook is
sent by email to a number of recipients which don't have the add-in installed on their computers.

Opening this workbook with Excel 2000 brought up a message telling about external references that cannot be resolved. But the user
gets the option to keep the current values which works just fine.

When this workbook is opened with Excel 2003, all cells show an error value (#NAME) and the user does not have the choice to
retain the current values. However, a different dialog appears which would allow the user to resolve the links. Unfortunatley they
cannot be fixed because the add-in isn't available.

I've spent considerable time on searching for an Excel option to fix this problem but I failed.

Anyone out there who can help?

Best regards,

Michael Hoffmann