Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Excel quits when executing Activesheet.Name instruction

Do you have workbook protection on? This may stop you renaming sheets.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Fred Smith" wrote:

I have a macro which has worked hundreds of times before.

Now, the macro quits when it gets to an Activesheet.Name = "Export" command. By
quitting, I mean it's just as if it encountered an Exit Sub command.

What would cause such strange behavior? I have other macros with
Activesheet.Name in them, and they still work. I first encountered this problem
at work where we have Office 2003 and Windows 2003. I find I have the same
problem at home, where I'm running Office XP and Windows XP.

When I step through the macro using F8, it highlights Activesheet.Name command
properly. As soon as I hit F8, the macro quits -- the yellow highlight
disappears and a data entry cursor appears. If I hit F8 again, the macro starts
over at the Sub command.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Fred