Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen Stephen is offline

Default Simple Help ASAP macro to fill range...

I know this is probably very simple but I've been banging my head against the
wall with this last minute, tight deadlined project that I'm just not
thinking straight anymore. I need to fill a range of decending cells with a
very particular patern...

By manually filling a few and recording the macro I think you can see what
I'm trying to accomplish...

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R4C3"
Range("B9").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R4C4"
Range("B10").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R4C5"
Range("B11").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R5C3"
Range("B12").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R5C4"
Range("B13").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R5C5"
Range("B14").Select

Each series is three cells ahs has to read like above with R# having a
sequential numberical value that steps after thre instances and the C3, C4,
C5 continually repeating itself. It does not have to run to the bottom of the
sheet only to row 736 and specifically in Column B beginning at row 2.

Like I said I'm sure this is not a difficult macro to generate properly but
my brain matter walked off for lunch about an hour ago. Anyone who can help
please please do. I hate to sound desperate but I'm beginning to feel that
way and I refuse to manually enter this when I know there is a better way.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!