Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] nocompetitionblog@yahoo.com is offline

Default screen tips and macros or automation

On Feb 8, 11:54�am, wrote:
On Feb 7, 8:45?pm, wrote:

In Microsoft Excel there are these things called screentips.

I know how to copy and paste a screentip as text to a desired
location.

right-click edit screentip copy paste in new, corresponding range
What I don't know is how to automate this process, as with macros,
because i have a large range in which almost every cell has it's own
screen tip.

That is, i want to isolate just the screen tips from a range of cells,
so that
I will be left with a range of cells that is the pure text version of
what
the original range of cells contained as screen tips.

how do i do this, or is it even possible? I'm open to alternative
methods.

thanks everyone, it's solved.
i solved it on my own with a little mousework and experimentation.

credit goes to myself and tim ogilvy, whose code i modified to get the
screentip
here is the original post with ogilvy's advice.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rogramming/bro...

here is the modified version, by me, but based on mr. ogilvy's code.

Sub get_hlink_screentip()
Dim hlnk As Hyperlink
For Each cell In Range("a1:y25")
For Each hlnk In cell.Hyperlinks
* *cell.Offset(100, 0).Value = hlnk.ScreenTip
Next
Next

End Sub- Hide quoted text -

Tom Ogilvy., not tim. sorry.