Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Add-ins customization.

How are you trying to access these routines?

Are you calling them via code or just clicking on the button/menu item?

If you're calling them via code, what does your code look like:

Is it something like:
Application.run "Youraddinname.xla!yourmacroname"

There is another option, too.

You can create a reference to that addin in the workbook's project that needs
it.
(use tools|references)

Then you can call those macros just like they're built into your project.

Call yourmacroname

sency wrote:

Dave, I understood how to include an add-in. In fact, the menuMaker example
worked fine also.

But i faced problems when i had tried to use the routines from the add-in. I
created an add-in with all generic routines to be shared among different
sheets.
I included that add-in in my excel, then i tried to access those routines
from my different workbooks. It's giving compilation error telling "Sub or
Function not defined".

"sency" wrote:

Hi,

I have some routines which needs to be shared by many excel sheets, so
planning to move those into an add-in.
How can i create an add-in file, and how can i use macros to use routines
from that add-ins in my excel sheets?

Basically i have one master routines add-in which needs to be utilised in
other normal excel sheets. I need to get a way thru macros also to point to
the add-ins routines.

--

Dave Peterson