odinspearx

Default Using cell data to referece another cell

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I don't really know what to call what I
want to do, so the built-in Help function isn't really ... well,
helpful.

Okay. I have a list in column G (text). In column A I have a series of
numbers. For the sake of argument, let's say A1 has "3", and G1 has
"Red", G2 has "Orange", and G3 has "Yellow". I would like for *B1* to
be able to read the value in A1, then copy the value from [Column G,
Row (value of A1)]; so in this case B1 would read "Yellow".

This would be even better if I can import the column of numbers from a
text file, then have the formula go to work automatically.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!
- Emery

--