Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DarrellK DarrellK is offline

Default Type Mismatch Problem

I have noticed that when I type in "QC" in place of Cells(i, RegionColumn)
that I get no error. How can this happen? It does not make any sense.

Darrell

"DarrellK" wrote:

I am trying to debug the following line of code and am not sure why I am
getting an error as everything looks fine to me. The line is:

If IsError(Application.VLookup(Cells(ProductTitleRow, j),
Workbooks(Current_Consolidated_Units).Sheets(Cells (i,
RegionColumn)).Range("L410:BC418"), Consolidated_Offset + Growth * Cells(i,
GrowthColumn), False)) Then

And the values which come up as I move my mouse over each item a
Cells(ProductTitleRow, j)="APPL/PROF SVC"
Current_Consolidated_Units="2006 Access Based Units - Actuals.xls"
Cells(i, RegionColumn)="QC"
Consolidated_Offset=36
Growth=6
Cells(i, GrowthColumn)=1

I am at a loss in understanding what might be wrong as it looks to me as
though all types within all fields are correct. Can you tell me if you see a
problem. Or is there something else that might be wrong?

Thanks.

Darrell