Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marvin Marvin is offline

Default Identifying Printer Name

Thank you. What I want to do is remove the user from the decision process.
I want to save his printer name, select the ADOBE printer, print, then
restore his selected printer.

My experience with my users is that, if allowed, they will make errors.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

You can let the user decide, show him a list of printers...

If Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show = True Then
'print something
MsgBox "selected a printer"
Else
'handle cancel
MsgBox "clicked cancel"
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Marvin"
wrote in message
My workbook is distributed to several users. In my macros, I have a
customized PRINT macto that prints to an ADOBE ACROBAT printer.

The printer has a different name on each of the PCs belonging to my users.
For example:
"Adobe PDF on Ne03:"
"Adobe PDF on Ne09:"
"Adobe PDF on Ne02:"
Is there any way I can programatically determine the printer name so that
the user does not have to customize the macro?

Thanks.