Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mcolson mcolson is offline

Default range as test

I have a column which i've set as a range. This range contains cells
with numbers only, and cells which contain a mixture of characters.
At the beginning, I sort the information in ascending order. I then
import data where it should go in the order. The problem I am running
into is that when I import data, it sees a number like 1234 as lower
than 5. But when I sort the information the next time, it puts the 5
in front of the 1234. If I were to add a character such as a dash
after each of the numbers. It would see 1234- as lower than 5- and
also see it as lower the next time I do a sort, which I would like it
to. Does what I'm saying make sense? Does anyone have any
suggestions?