Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MarkD MarkD is offline

Default Message Bar does not appear when browsing Excel in IE

Having read the article named Microsoft Excel 2007 (nee Excel 12) : Excel
2007 & Internet Explorer (http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/comments/771221.aspx) -
I have been trying to work out how to browse Excel files in Internet Explorer
that have macros in them, without enabling all macros (which is unsafe). In
Office 2003 you used to get a pop up prompt askling whether you wanted
potentially unsafe macro code to be enabled, but this prompt has been moved
to the Message bar in Excel 2007, and this is not displayed when browsing
Excel docs in IE! I have digitally signed my macro project, but without the
message bar users cannot trust my organisation when opening the spreadsheet
in IE...