Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Andy is offline

Default Cleaning up cells

I am receiving data from a foriegn source. Sometimes there are "spaces" in
front of the data and I want to clean them up. I say "spaces" because the
trim function doesn't clean them up and when I write:
LEFT(A3) = " "
it comes back false.

The only way I have to clean these up is to write this code for each column:
Sheets("SummaryForAccess").Cells(rowNum, colNum).Value = "'" &
Right(Sheets("SummaryForAccess").Cells(rowNum, colNum).Value ,
Len(Sheets("SummaryForAccess").Cells(rowNum, colNum).Value ) - 1)

But the columns with bad data change often. So, I was wondering if there is
a different way to check for this kind of data and/or clean it.