Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how to remove my button

If you only have one shape, maybe just:
Sheets("Weekly Time Record").Shapes(1).delete

If you have lots of shapes--some to delete and some to keep, you could delete by
name:

Sheets("Weekly Time Record").Shapes("shape01namehere").delete
....etc...

You could even delete by certain properties.

Ron de Bruin shares lots of code that is more discerning when deleting:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobjectsworksheet.htm

DawnTreader wrote:

Hello i have a spreadsheet with a button with code attached, i am trying to
remove the button and the code. the code was easy, just copy the sheet. but
the button is not easy. this is my current code for the removal of the button
and stuff:

'create a new workbook to email
Sheets("Weekly Time Record").Select
Sheets("Weekly Time Record").Copy

'remove button and 2nd row in email version
Sheets("Weekly Time Record").Shapes.SelectAll
Selection.Delete
Rows("2:2").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

If Not fs.FolderExists(DirString) Then
fs.CreateFolder DirString
End If
strFName = "Time Card " & SunDT & " " & USRNM & ".xls"
.Parent.SaveAs DirString & "\" & strFName

the line:

Sheets("Weekly Time Record").Shapes.SelectAll
Selection.Delete

keeps crapping out and giving me a out of memory error. i have also tried:

activeworkbook.Shapes.SelectAll
Selection.Delete

this gives me the same problem.

any ideas out there?