Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KarenF KarenF is offline

Default Macro security settings - digital certificates

Hi,

I have created series of models for use by a client, and they rely on an a
macro to run as the files open to update the data. I do not wish to
compromise their macro security and have discussed the possibilities of
digital certificates. The files are to be stored on a shared drive and used
by several differerent team members sat at different pcs. I know I can
create a self-cert macro, but am I right in thinking that this can be used
only on the pc it was created on? I have discussed them Microsoft
Certificate Server, and they are unsure if they should have this as they are
a Microsoft Partner. When I asked them about their partnership package, they
said that they pay about £60k for the partnership and have the following
documentation

"3 action pack subscription toolkits
A software cd
5 volumes of a technical demonstration toolkit
And the fabric folder full of cds"

That's all the information they could give me. My deadline for getting this
system up and running is next Monday. I would be very grateful for any ideas
or advice.

Many thanks,

Karen.