Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Janusz Janusz is offline

Default problem with Locked always on after pasting

Hi Guys,
I have a problem with copy/paste between MS Word 2002 and MS Excel
2002. Here is what happens:

In MS Word document select a value in any table (you can just insert
one for test purposes) or a part of the text and paste it to a cell in
MS Excel worksheet. I have noticed that some formatting properties are
changed after pasting (background color is reset to default, color of
the font, etc.) but the most important is that Locked checkbox in
Protection Tab of Format Cells is checked when I am sure it was
unchecked before pasting! I have tried this several times with Paste
and Paste Special (as text) and the result is the same.

Is this a bug? I have to find a solution to this problem because it
interferes with my macros. I have build a spreadsheet solution for my
office and everything works fine a s long as users enter data by hand,
but in some situations they like to cut and paste from the MS Word
documents and this is when it happens. Is there a way to stop setting
the Locked checkbox during pasting data from MS Word?

Best Regards and Thank You

Janusz