Rick, United Kingdom

Ok did that. and still nothing happened so i did the obvious! and pressed
enter. the follloing message popped up in a window:

Complie error;
Expected; indentifier or bracketed expression.

I am sorry to be a pain. but i really am lost now!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No just the Application line.

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom" wrote
in message ...
Hi, I did as you said, but nothing happened! I still don't have the File

Edit
etc.
i typed as exactly as you displayed it. should i add the (-- RP) thing
though when i tried that said there was an incomplete sub form.
hoping for a response.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel - in the VB IDE (Alt-F11), open the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and
type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom"

wrote
in message ...
My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed

remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the
menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back,

but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am
blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!