Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default in Immediate window

The password for protected addins (either solver or the analysis toolpak)
is
there because the owner didn't want its intellectual property shared.

Actually, there is nothing to see in these add-ins. All they do is call
registered functions in a DLL. If you were to open up the XLA add-ins, all
you'd see is calls to the DLLs that do the real work, and of course the
Debug.Print statements that started this discussion. You wouldn't see any
code that does the calculations.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
The password for protected addins (either solver or the analysis toolpak)
is
there because the owner didn't want its intellectual property shared.

I think it's a good idea to respect that.

bigHatNoCattle wrote:

On 2 Feb, 15:59, Dave Peterson wrote:
IIRC, this junk is left over from a "debug.print" in the analysis
toolpak.

You'd have to know the password to clean it up.

(or just ignore it???)

bigHatNoCattle wrote:

Help please,

I just switched from Office 2000 to 2003. Here's an example of what
I'm getting in the Immediate window.

[GetMacroRegId] 'fnWeekNum' <
[GetMacroRegId] 'fnWeekNum' - '216727643'

How do I get rid of this junk?

thanks

Duane

--

Dave Peterson

How do I get the password and specifically what steps do I take to
delete the debug code?

Duane

--

Dave Peterson