Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Outlook contacts list into Excel worksheet?

Sue -

Thanks so much! I think the link you provided for the CDO will help
greatly. I looked around the OutlookCode.com site for a while
yesterday and was getting very lost in an unfamiliar object model!

I don't know how much I'm going to be able to do, though. I think I
was on the verge of tapping into the address list yesterday when
suddenly Norton's flashed a "virus!! Outlook Worm" warning and my
computer started acting strange. I shut everything down and restarted
- only to find that our security programs had nuked the entire VBA
module containing ALL the coe I was working on for this project! (I'm
lucky our security personnel didn't respond - they have a "scorched
earth" policy with viruses - they come in with no warning, take your
computer out from under you, and completely wipe the hard drive of
EVERYTHING!)

If I can just somehow get an email address returned so the poor guy
I'm doing this for doesn't have to try and type in every address
_correctly_ (the whole reason for this!). But if I can't, then he's
on his own!

Thanks again.
Ed

On Feb 1, 4:33 pm, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
It's possible, but not with Outlook objects before OL2007. You'd need CDO 1.21, the weird little address book control that comes with Office, or, to avoid security prompts , Outlook Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/)

For a CDO code sample, seehttp://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/selectnames.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Ed" wrote in .. .
Well, instead can someone point me to code for accessing the defaults
address book and returning the chosen name? I'm searching the NG and
Outlook sites, but that's a lot of stuff to wade through just to get a
name!! <g I've managed to set an object to OL and create a new mail
message, but really for now all I need is to pop up the address list and let
the user choose a name to be set into a cell. Is this possible?

ED