Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default disable Menu/toolbar items

Application.CommandBars("Tools").Enabled = False

The above placed in the workbook open event will disable the Tools menu.

Application.CommandBars("Tools").Enabled = true

And this placed in the before-close event will re-enable it.

You could in this way disable others by changing Tools to Format for example
but it seems a bit drastic to me.

"Andrew" wrote:

How do I disable Menu / toolbar items when opening a workbook and enable them
when I close the workbook. Doing this to force the user to use the macro's I
have written.