Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dd dd is offline

Default Getting folder paths

Bob

sRoot is a string in the module code containing the startPath
startPath is also a string.

Function LoopFolders(startPath As String, _
Optional filetype As String = "RES File", _
Optional subfolders As Boolean = True)

' Create named Ranges, for the appropriate columns in Row 8 of Worksheet
iPathCol = Range("firstPath").Column
iFileCol = Range("firstFile").Column
iLinkCol = Range("firstLink").Column
iFile = Range("firstpath").Row
sRoot = startPath
'--
root is a named cell in the worksheet
path is a named cell in the worksheet

I think FindBack must find the first \ after the root, because there are
several backslashes in the path after the root.
I notice when I miss the \ after the root it adds it to the start of the
path cells. When I add the \ to the root it dissapears from the cells.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Presumably FindBack works from the end to find a \?

What is sRoot?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dd" <dd.dd wrote in message ...
All,

I have the following line of code which gets the full path (iPath) of a

file
(iFile) from a Root directory (sRoot)

Cells(iFile, iPathCol).Value = Mid(oFile.Path, Len(sRoot) + 1,
FindBack(oFile.Path, "\") + 1 - (Len(sRoot) + 1))

I want to split it, so that the first folder in the path is displayed

under
iPathCol1
and the remainder of the path is displayed in iPathCol2.

I don't understand the part after the equals sign!

Can provide a solution for me.

Thanks in advance.

DDawson