Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default RibbonX and a "macro may not be available" head-scratcher

I don't have xl2007 installed, but Ron de Bruin has put up a page on working
with the ribbon. Perhaps you will see something in his working code:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
So I have a simple .xlsm file with a couple very simple macros in it.
I've edited the customUI with the following code:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/
customui"
<ribbon startFromScratch="true"
<tabs
<tab id="CustomTab" label="Trial Tab"
<group id="SimpleControls" label="Trial Group"
<button id="Button1" imageMso="HappyFace" size="large"
label="Say Hi"
onAction="sayHi3" /
<button id="Button2" imageMso="HappyFace" size="large"
label="ThisSayHi3"
onAction="Thisworkbook.sayHi3" /
</group
</tab
</tabs
</ribbon
</customUI

When I open it, sure enough the tab is there with two buttons. When I
hit the "Say hi" one I get the message: "Wrong number of arguments or
invalid property assignment" which is reasonable I guess since I
haven't qualified the macro name. Hitting the "ThisSayHi3" button
gives the message "Cannot run the macro "Thisworkbook.sayHi3". The
macro may not be avialable in this workbook or all macros may be
disabled." This is more mysterious. The macro is there; macros are
enabled; and it runs fine using F5 within the VB Editor. It's a just
one-liner at this point invoking MsgBox().
I haven't found anything useful relating to this message on the
Microsoft site, or MSDN, or (sigh) here. (The conditions mentiond in
support.microsoft.com/kb/930076 article dosn't apply here.) So, while
I suspect it's something blatantly obvious to others who know this
RibbonX, it's baffling to me. Any hints out there about what's going
on here?

= Marchand =