Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Validate issue

Steven,

You can use the selection change event for the sheet. For example, the code
below will protect the Data Validation in cells B2:B100. Copy the code,
right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the
window that appears. Note that you may want to let the users know why they
can't paste after selecting one of those cells....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

If Intersect(Target, Range("B2:B100")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

"Steven" wrote in message

I am using cell validation. I have noticed if I copy a cell from a
different area on the sheet that does not have validation it will take the
validation away from my original cell.

Why is this? How can I make it so a user cannot wipeout the validation.

Thank you for your help.

Steven