Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Macro to put picture in background

Dim Com As Comment

Set Com = Range("A1").AddComment
Com.Shape.Fill.UserPicture _
"C:\PathToFile\pic.jpg"

Set the properties as desired.
You do not need to .select most XL object before you work with them.

NickHK

"puuukeey" wrote in message
Hi all. I'm new to macros. so bear w/ my stupidity
is this even attemptable for a newbie?
GOAL:
write a macro to put a hard-coded(for now) image into the background of a
hard coded(for now) comment

TRIED:
I recorded the included macro with the following actions:
*1 give cell a comment
*2 select cell border
*3 fill with picture

INTUITION SAYS:
Range("D59").Comment.Fill.UserPicture _ "C:blahblah"

but this gives me an error. is there an intermediate object I need

between
comment and fill???

the problem with the included one is that it doesnt run.... it seems to

jump
from range to selection. recording scripts never works :-(

Sub Macro1()
'
Range("D59").AddComment
Range("D59").Comment.Visible = False
Range("D59").Comment.Text Text:="USER:" & Chr(10) & ""
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255)
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Transparency = 0#
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.UserPicture _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My
Pictures\ART#1\1072.jpg"
End Sub

CHECKED:
forums