Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default stop excel updating from word

See a possible answer in response to your second posting of the question.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry