Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Yandl Steve Yandl is offline

Default Print a word doc from Excel

Peter,

Below is a vbScript that I've used to have Word print documents on a printer
other than the current default printer. It should be easy to modify and
incorporate into your VBA routine.

__________________________

' Print a text file to a printer other than the default printer using MS
Word
' Steve Yandl

Const wdDialogFilePrintSetup = 97
Const wdDoNotSaveChanges = 0

' Designate text file to be printed and correct name for the printer to be
used.

txtFile = "C:\Test\Test.txt"
strPrntChoice = "hp psc 2500 series"

' Create a hidden instance of Word, insert text file into new document,
choose printer and printout.

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set objDoc = objWord.Documents.Add()
Set objSelection = objWord.Selection

objSelection.InsertFile(txtFile)

With objWord.Application.Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrintSetup )
.Printer = strPrntChoice
.DoNotSetAsSysDefault = True
.Execute
End With

objDoc.PrintOut
objDoc.Close(wdDoNotSaveChanges)

objWord.Quit
_________________________

Steve Yandl

"Peter" wrote in message
oups.com...
Calling the finest minds of this group:

I have a macro that is editing a word doc, that part is fine. The
problem is how to change the printer settings to use the colour
printer!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter