Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default Chart Title Length

Matt

This should help you get started. Select an embedded Chart to which
you want to add a title, and run this code. It will put the contents
of A1 on the first line, A2 on the second line and A3 on the third
line.

Sub Macro3()

t = Range("a1").Value & Chr(10) & Range("a2").Value & Chr(10) &
Range("a3").Value

With ActiveChart
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = t
End With

End Sub

I get an error when the total length of the three cells is over 253.
I suppose it counts the chr(10)'s as characters, but, I thought you
could go up to 256 total.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Jan 30, 4:13 pm, "Matt" wrote:
Using VBA, I'm making a graph title dynamic. I am having trouble with
the length of the characters. Within the code for the Chart Title, is
there a maximum number of characters that you can have in a title
cart? Also, how do I start a new line and continue the title? What I
have so far is putting the Customer Name, Address, City, State Zip all
on one line. What I would like is for example,

Customer Name
Address
City, State Zip

Thanks in advance,