Hilary

Hi Bryan.

The user is using Excel for the worksheet. When I put =A1+1 (replacing with
the offending cell), it does not add the two numbers. Finally, nothing
different happens when I re-enter a number in the offending cell.

However, cells with alphabetical text do center properly.

Any other thoughts?

Hilary

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

Is the user using Excel for the worksheet, or a viewer of some form?

Can the user, in another cell, put =A1+1 (where A1 is replaced with
address of one of the offending cells)

Does the offending cell show the data to the left and double width, as
it would be if Alt/Enter were used in the cell?

Are there any other clues, such as what happens if you re-enter the
number in the cell? (you can Ctrl/Z to un-enter that)

Dodo Wrote:
?B?SGlsYXJ5?= wrote in
:

Nope. No apostrophe.

The only other thing I can think of giving this result, is when the
"numbers" are followed by spaces. This you can check too in the
formula
bar.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395199