Peo Sjoblom

Select the import, do datatext to columns, click next twice, select Date
under columns data format and from dropdown select the imported date format
so if it can look like 10122004 (10/12/2004) then select MDY and click finish

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Chucky" wrote:

I'm pulling in an unformatted 8-digit date field from an AS400 into an excel
spreadsheet. I would like to be able to format it in MM/DD/YYYY format in the
spreadsheet, but get weird numbers when I do so. I don't see anything in the
standard date formatting section and have created a Custom Format as
' / / ', but this will not work either.