Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default When I sort it is carrying my formatting of cells

That's the way it is...
However, you could eliminate your current cell formatting and use
conditional formatting on the score board. In the CF dialog box, choose
"Formula is" and enter =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 to shade alternate
rows (in the selection). The CF is not affected by sorting.
-or-
Try out the free Excel add-in "Shade Date Rows" which can shade
by cell value or by every nth row or every nth row group.
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Dave Marden"
wrote in message
Isn't there any way of turning this off? I have a scoreboard that I created
and I want every other line to have the same formatting. It would seem to
me that it would be an option you could turn on and off.

Thanks Again,
Dave Marden

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Dave,
Sorting carries the cell format with the data - except for borders and
conditional formatting.
If the cells are conditionally formatted then sorting the data changes
the cell contents which can trigger the CF.
Also, the "WriteInfoToSpreadsheet" routine could be changing the
cell formatting prior to the sort.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA