Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Using VLOOKUP in VBA

Hi Chad:

Vlookup needs the key to be on the left of the data.

As is:
'assume that DueDate is already a valid value

dim WS as worksheet
dim v as variant

set WS =activesheet
v = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup( _
DueDate, WS.range("G1:K500"), 5, True)

In your case:

dim WS as worksheet
dim v as variant

set WS =activesheet

v = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match( _
DueDate, WS.range("G1:G500"), 1)
if isna(v) then
msgbox "cannot match",vbokonly,"error"
exit sub
end if
v=WS.cells(v, 5)

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

" wrote:

Just need a quick clarification; I am trying to find a value (Job
Number) in the same row as the DueDate variable shown in the procedure
below. I can't get it to work, I was assuming it would find the
closest date if there were no matches. Is this correct?

dim rngdate as range
dim WS as worksheet

rngDate = WS.Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(DueDate, "G1:G500",
5, True)

I would like to search through column G for the DueDate, and return
the corresponding Job Number in column 5.

Thanks for any help,

Chad