Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Link comment boxes based on different cell values

First, I am confused about what you want.

If cell A1 is different from F, then what happens? What are the rules?

But you may find that your life in excel will be much easier if you keep your
data that you want in cells--not comments. You'll be able to use the builtin
functions (like =vlookup()) to retrieve those values.

Mike wrote:

Help!!!

I am trying to change the data within my comment boxes dependant on the cell
value and if the source changes.

In my workbook I have 4 worksheets

Sheets 1 - 3 are my data sheets where the values can change

Sheet 4 is my working sheet where I want comment boxes added to each cell
dependant on the cell value. Ie if Cell A1 = F then a comment box should be
added which takes the comment from Worksheet 1 cell A1. etc etc etc
However I also need any updates on my data sheets to be shown in the
comments boxes on worksheet 4.

Any ideas please .... ???

I hope that makes sense, if not please say and I will try to clarify it better

Thanks in advance

Mike

--

Dave Peterson