Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Capturing last column's letter

True, anyone still using 97? <g

It works for me because I have a conditionally compiled Split routine for
97.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Bob

Thanks, but

As far as I know your function will not work in 97 and Chip's new function
wil also work in 97.

Ron

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Here's an alternative that works in all versions Ron

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function ColumnLetter(Col As Long)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dim sColumn As String
On Error Resume Next
sColumn = Split(Columns(Col).Address(, False), ":")(1)
On Error GoTo 0
ColumnLetter = sColumn
End Function

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi LarryP

You can use Cells(R,C) if you use the number

With Sheets("Sheet1")
.Cells(1, 22).Value = "Hi"
End With

Another way is to use the Function from Chip Pearson
Not working in Excel 2007

Function ColumnLetter(ColNumber) As String
ColumnLetter = Left(Cells(1, ColNumber).Address(True, False), _
1 - (ColNumber 26))
End Function

Sub test3()
MsgBox ColumnLetter(22)

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"LarryP" wrote in message
A pesky little thing is eluding me. If I determine that the last used
column in a worksheet is, say, Worksheet.Columns(22), how can I convert
that into "V" so I can subsequently do things to Cell V1? I'm sure
there must be some nifty Property out there somewhere for this purpose,
but darn if I've been able to find it. Surely this isn't going to take
some gawdawful Select Case statement!