Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray S. Ray S. is offline

Default Adding & Processing Columns

OK, I tried it. Here's my sticking point. This is a copy of the relevant part
of the macro in visual editor:

Sub copy_IDs()

Range("G2").Select
Selection.Copy
'move one cell to the left to find the end row of the data
Range("F2").Select
'move to the end of the data in column F
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
'move one cell to the right into empty column G that corresponds to the last
row
'in data column F
Range("G884").Select
'select from that cell to the top of column G
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlUp)).Select
'this again should be a relative range designation
Range("G3:G884").Select
Range("G884").Activate
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

The idea here is to copy the formula in the first cell of column G and fill
the column with results read from the other data columns...The new data each
month will come into row 2 (columns A thru F). Columns G, H, and I add
information not in the original data. The problem here is that once the
relative end of column F is selected, the range is identified with the
specific row number. I hope I'm clear on what I'd like to do. Can you help
now?

"Ray S." wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that and let you know if it helps.

"merjet" wrote:

This sounds like something you could take a big first step on using the
macro recorder. Start with a new received file, turn on the recorder,
and modify it. Turn the recorder off. The code it generates is not the
most efficient, but it's faster than manual.

Hth,
Merjet