Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Excel crashing problem when saving from VB

There may be some problem with the objects in your code.

It would be helpful to provide a copy of the routine where you save it.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"thereverent" wrote:

I have been using an Excel sheet which has a VB form user front end.
It has a save option which uses one of the field names and puts a date
and time stamp in the filename.
Normally this works completely fine. However if you have saved a
version the previous day, make some changes and save it will hang. I
then have to use Task Manager to end Excel. Sometimes it creates a new
file with the new date/time stamp, sometime not.
But once a file has hung like this it becomes very flakly and will
hang if you go back into it and make minor changes (selecting
something different in a dropdown menu). The file becomes useless and
you have to start a new one. If it was just the save function that was
the problem I would know where to start to look, but as everything
seems to cause it to fail after the first crash I have no idea.
I am running Excel 2002 (SP3) on Win XP (SP2).

Any help would be most appreciated.