Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mike allen[_2_] mike allen[_2_] is offline

Default storing code in Add-in

it appears i can store functions that have one answer as an .xla add-in, but
what about subroutines that actually calculate certain things, print them in
certain areas, etc.? can i use an add-in for calling subroutines? thx
"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Chip Pearson has quite a bit about add-ins here...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CreateAddIn.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"mike allen"
wrote in message
"gimme this gimme that" suggested to me in an earlier post that instead of
trying to delete modules that are protected (which i never figured out how
to do in code), just run these macros and functions that are currently in
my
modules in an Add-in. i have no idea how to do this. i have looked in
the
chip pearson literature i have, but nothing on this. my goal is to
provide
a "program" to a second party, have them run it, producing only output (no
code!) that they can then send to a third party. the second party (nor
third) will not have passwords, but the second party can have code locked
in
an Add-in (but not the third party). any thoughts? thanks.