Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Remove characters from string

Since Laurent's solution is an addin, then you were joking about?:

so extra functions via add-ins are out.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken McLennan" wrote in message
G'day there Niek,

In that English page, look at the list of functions in MOREFUNC; there
are several REGEX.... functions.
Pick any of these and click the link to Regular expressions in the text,
to get an explanation

You're quite right. Perhaps I should have looked a bit closer the
first time =).

I can even understand some of the explanations, so I may just be
off to the world of regexes. Not at the moment though. It's past my bed
time so I'm off to sleep. Regexes can wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know where to look. It's very
kind of you. Thanks.

--
See ya,
Ken McLennan