Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Haack Steve Haack is offline

Default Find and Delete Row from Range

Duh, that was pretty simple....

Thanks a bunch.

"Steve Haack" wrote:

I have a named range, that I would like to search for a name, and then delete
the record (row) in that range that contains the name I found.

I can do a Range.Find to find the name, but it returns me a Address of the
cell on the spreadsheet. I was wondering how would I find the location of the
cell relative to the Range, rather than relative to the worksheet.

If I used the Macro Recorder to right click on the cell containing the name,
and choose "Delete Table Row", I get the following code:
Selection.ListObject.ListRows(61).Delete

The problem with that is that the 61, is the row number relative to the
named range, and I don't know how to get that programatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve