Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
My interest My interest is offline

Default C#/Excel automation add-in not working on MediaCenter?

I am not a Microsoft insider. But what I heard was, the different
version of Windows all had the same binary code. The only difference
is the configuration (e.g. during the installation, registry etc)

On Jan 27, 9:06 pm, Frank Rizzo wrote:
Robson Siqueira wrote:
My interest,

I would rather point the fingers to the environment. Did you verify if all
support assemblies you are using - or COM objects - are properly installed
and have the same version as you have on the XP machine.

In fact, Media Center it's almost the same Windows (to not say the same) as
the XP. It only has the Media Center application added to the system. As
well as a notepad application.I don't think that is the case entirely. There are other things added

to the system, typically by integrators such as dell. My system came
with way too many extra MCE add-ins. Those add-ins could potentially
introduce incompatibilities.

And of course, MCE comes with .NET framework.

Regards