Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] newsgroups@bandwood.com is offline

Default Excel 2007 Text Box

This is indeed a problem, I have it as well. From the Excel 2007 VBA
documentation, this behavious is as expected because the object
created is considered to be a multiline text object and the height is
changed by Autosize and not the width (as per all previous versions of
Excel).

What I cant find is how to chnage this to a non-multiline text object.
The documentation referes to a property Multiline = boolean but this
errors as an undefined property.

Any one can help it would be greaty appreaciated bu both of us.

Cheers,
Dennis.

On Dec 6 2006, 3:51 am, "Bill" wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to add a text box to the bottom left portion of a chart usingExcel2007 (the trial version downloaded from Microsoft). I could do this
withExcel2003 using the following code:

Chheight = ActiveChart.ChartArea.Height
Chtleft = ActiveChart.ChartArea.Left
ActiveChart.TextBoxes.Add(Chtleft, Chheight, 10, 10).Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "This is my text"
Selection.autosize = true

WithExcel2007, it will not place the text box below the x axis, no matter
what value I put in for Chheight. And, I get an error message when trying
toautosizethe text box.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Bill