Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Keyboard key assignments change...

Hello,

The ~, ,@, # and | keys are assigned to other characters...

(~!@#$%^) becomes (¬!"£$%^) and the bar key changes to a tilde.

This occurs in the four Xl versions 97 thru 2003 that I have; if/when...

1. Add a button from the forms toolbar to a worksheet
or use a message box with an OK button.
2. Hold down the Alt and Shift keys and click the button.
(don't assign a macro to the button)

The keys are returned to their normal function by repeating the process.
Yes, OnKey will reset the keys, but just until the next time.
I also tried reinstalling XL 97 to no avail.
Am I alone in the wilderness having written too many lines of code? <g

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA