Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Upgraded XP 2003: should I hold my breath?

Shauna,
Thanks for the info.
Jim Cone

"Shauna Kelly"

wrote in message
Hi Jim
I don't know the details, but my guess from minor experience is that:
- On an old machine that had a prior version of Office, you just need the
file for the Office Shortcut Bar itself. Run it and it will ask if you want
it to start every time you start Windows.
- On a brand new machine, you actually need to install Office, but choose
only to install the office shortcut bar.
However, be aware that some more recent "validation" exercises from
Microsoft won't accept the OSB as genuine, and there's no way to activate it
or prove that it's genuine from the OSB itself. So if you have a choice, use
an Office 2000 version rather than an Office XP version.
Hope this helps.
Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word