Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan[_2_] Alan[_2_] is offline

Default Need simple code to skip blank rows

Hello,

I believe that:

Range("E6").FormulaR1C1 =
"=IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(E5,JobSheet,2,FALSE)),"",(VLO OKUP(E5,JobSheet,2,FALSE)))))"

will work for you.

Alan

"The only dumb question is the question not asked."

wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 26, 1:51 pm, Jim Thomlinson
wrote:
Instead of moving top down try moving bottom up something like this...

dim rng as range

set rng = Sheets("Sheet1").cells(rows.count, "A").end(xlUp).offset(2,0)
msgbox rng.address
rng.select 'if you want to select the cell

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Thanks to both of you, coming from the bottom up definitely saved some
processing time.

One more thing I'm having trouble with (sorry no new post) is this
formula, I can't seem to set it to this cell:

Range("E6").Value =
"=IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(E5,JobSheet,2,FALSE)),"",(VLO OKUP(E5,JobSheet,2,FALSE)))))"
The formula works when manually pasting it in but in my situation I
have to clear the sales order and unfortunately Excel will not hold
formulas behind cell data.

Thanks again