Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Cells.Find

When I said "like this" I guess I meant for you to fix the silly mistakes...
;-)

Nice catch on that goof...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Arturo" wrote:

Worksheets(2).Activate
Set rngFound = Cells.Find(What:=Y_CellBase, _
After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, _
SearchFormat:=False)

If rngFound Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "sorry... not found"
Else
rngFound.Select

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Try something like this...

Dim rngFound as range
Worksheets(2).Activate

set rngFound = Cells.Find(What:=Y_CellBase, _
After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, _
SearchFormat:=False)

if rngFound is Nothing then
msgbox "sorry... not found"
else
rng.select
end if
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Arturo" wrote:

Looping through a column in sheet1 storing the first cell in variable
Y_CellBase, followed by activating sheet 2 and searching for that value. .If
theres a match Ive got down what to do. If theres no match on sheet 2 I
need to do something else. Im not sure how to handle the issue of no match
being found. So spastically put if match found then do this else do that€¦.

Worksheets(1). Activate
((Looping code here starting at first cell))
Y_CellBase = ActiveCell.Value
Worksheets(2).Activate

Cells.Find(What:=Y_CellBase, _
After:=ActiveCell, _