Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Only print rows that contain data

It has to execute before you print.

Where you put it would be your call. You might want to consider the
Beforeprint event.

It assumes the unfilled cells in column B are actually empty and not
prefilled with some conditional formula that makes the cell look empty, but
isn't.

Tom Ogilvy

"SITCFanTN" wrote:

Does this code have to be attached to a cmd button Tom? I'm wondering
because I added it to my worksheet code and it is still printing two pages
even if I only have text in 5 rows in cols B.

FYI the reason I'm looking at text in Col B is because I have the sheet
prefilling with row numbers in col A.

Thanks again for your help.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = _
"$A$1:$F$" & cells(rows.count,"B").End(xlup).row

Tom Ogilvy

"SITCFanTN" wrote:

I have this code to print rows 1 - 35 however I would just like to print the
rows that have data in col B because often I'm printing an empty page by
printing all 35 rows. I would like the print area to print col A - F but
only when there is text in Col B of that row, how would I code that. I
appreciate your help and so do the trees :-)

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$F$35"