Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Qing Xu Qing  Xu is offline

Default vbscript for partial match in two columns

I want to implement the following the Match function:
Suppose two columns are
B C
a,b,c b,c
d,e d
a,e f

I want to have a script which can return the index of C column which
match to part of B column, for example for B1, part of B match to part
of C, so the function should return 1. For B2, it should return 2. For
B3, it should return N/A. In vbscript, there is match function,
Match(B1, C:C, 0 ) can return the index of C column for exact match of
B1.But In this case, I need a partial match. Can only one help me about
this using vbscript? Thanks