Jan Buckley

JE: I was thrilled when, using your instructions, I got this to work.
However, I now find that ,not only can I not back up in the list to a date
prior to TODAY(), neither can I type in a previous date. Since there are
times when it will be necessary to enter an earlier date (previous to
TODAY()), is there a solution to this? I sure hope so - setting the date to
the current date is very convenient and a time saver, but I won't be able to
use it if I can't 'back up'. Thanks so much.
Jan

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

In a second sheet, enter

A1: =TODAY()
A2: =A1 + 1

Format A2 as a date, and copy down to A366. Choose Insert/Name/Define
and enter

Name in workbook: DateList
Refers To:
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,0,365+(DAY(Sheet2!$A$1)<DAY (Sheet2!$A$366)),1)

Then in your validation cell, use

Allow: List
Source: =DateList

In article ,
"Jan Buckley" wrote:

I have a drop-down list (Data/Validation) that contains dates from the
beginning of the fiscal year (10-01-2004) to the end of the fiscal year
(09-30-2005). Is there a way to have the drop down start at the current date
instead at the beginning on October 01? Thanks.