Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Monica Monica is offline

Default Problem when opening 2nd spreadsheet with vba while in another!

I currently have a file (first.xls) open and use the following code to open a
second (second.xls):

sEventName = "Initialization"
gsWorkPath = "c:\documents and settings\me\my documents\second.xls"
Application.Workbooks.Open Filename:=gsWorkPath

This part works. My problem is now I need to read/copy the contents of a
tab in second.xls into first.xls. But now I just get "subscript out of range
error" everytime I try to work with either file.

For example, the line: ActSheet = "sheet1" gives the error
and so does: Worksheets("sheet1").Activate

How do I refer to a sheet or a workbook now? Worked fine before opening a
second one.

Thanks in advance. Sample code is MUCH appreciated.